Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009


The other night I was watching a movie and a conversation between a grown daughter and her father at Christmas struck me. Maybe it was because I have so many thoughts of Sophia and her Dad reuniting after this deployment but I got to thinking how lovely it is to have a positive father figure in my life. Where my dad isn't always the one who shares all the details of every day life with me like my mom and I do, he always knows just what to say and never fails to provide the love and security that I've always needed, even as I've gotten older. As I think about what it's like to be a military wife and mom, I am aware that there will come a time when the excitment of having Dad home will overshadow her willingness to be around me. This is where I am so blessed to be able to take a step back and rest easy in the fact that Chris is a fantastic father who sacrifices so much to give his daughter a great life. He shows her an outstanding example of how to be a hero and what it means to truly sacrifice. I will proudly move aside and watch with pride the love that has grown between Sophia and her dad that even 6,000 miles couldn't weaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment