Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Wow it seems hard to believe that a) it's almost Christmas and b) Sophia is almost two years old! Wow. I've been meaning to blog lately about all the new stuff that Sophia is into before I get too busy and this amazing time in her life passes me by. So I'll dedicate this post to my little lovebug and fill you in on all her adorable Sophia-isms! :)

Sophia isn't a baby anymore...she's a full fledged toddler minus the sassy attitude and horrible tantrums. Don't get me wrong, she has a stubborn streak and wants what she wants when she wants it (I have no idea where she gets that from ;), but overall she responds well to direction and is learning more and more what it means to be a polite little girl. Thanks to some constant repetition from my family at home, I think we have successfully mastered how to say please, thank you, I'm sorry and excuse me. I'm really enjoying seeing her grow and know when to say thank you without me having to prompt her. She'll do it in public too which knocks people's socks off and makes me very proud. We've also been practicing our ABC's and Sophia is taking very well to identifying letters when written down. Thanks to Nani's brillant find, we've now even been practicing in the bathtub with these really cool washable crayons. I love that the whole world is a learning experience for Sophia and the little every day things of life amaze her. I even see Sophia recognizing letters on street signs and store signs and I try to use every outing/experience as a learning one. I can see it paying off and I can't wait to show Chris all that we've learned!

We're still potty training but I wouldn't say we're at the stage where she's anywhere close being able to tell me when she needs to go potty. There are times however where she practically begs me to sit on the potty and she 'goes' pretty much every time. I must say, it'll be a little strange having an audience when I do my 'Yucky on the potty dance'! I'm sure Chris will get a kick out of seeing me make a fool out of myself but Sophia loves it! We did the dance three times today and eah time she screamed 'YAY' and ran to give me a hug. Lately she's been a little more creative on the potty, passing the time by asking me to get my shoes for her to try on and admire. It really is funny to see her walk around the house in them. She does it like there's nothing to it which I think is pretty hilarious for a two year old! So if you come to my house not only will you find a potty in the middle of the living room but my shoes strewn all over the house to satisfy Sophia's fickle little brain. Ah, life with a child! :)

As we come up on Sophia's second birthday it'll be nice to look over all of my old posts and see how much she's grown and in a way relive the past year with her. My goal next year is to keep up with the blogging and share what life is like with our Marine thrown in the mix! :) Next year will be a busy year for us with a big move in May but as for this Christmas I'm excited to sit down and do some serious thinking about our goals as a family and how we can grow together in 2010. I hope that everyone is enjoying the season and spending lots of time with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment