Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009



I've been having a hard time putting into words how truly blessed I felt this Thanksgiving. I think back over the memories and am brought to tears thinking of how special each and every person is in my life. I think my little brother said it best recapping our Thanksgiving together...We are truly blessed by everyone in our lives and owe thanks to the Big Man upstairs for that. It's funny really...I was dreading Thanksgiving in a way because I thought this year I'd have a tough time appreciating what I have with Chris being so far away. Although it was bittersweet and the dinner table felt a tad empty, my family once again proved to me they are the best, lifting me up and giving me strength through their love and support.

So on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving Sophia and I set off on our journey with my little angel feeling almost 100 percent better and Mama T here just holding on until I was home sweet home. The flight was long and after some laughs with the couple next to us marveling in their luck of seats (hehe) Sophia and I settled in for 5 hours of fun sitting on Mom's lap. Awesome. I literally found myself chanting in my head halfway through the flight...there's no place like home, there's no place like home. It's so true though. There's nothing like waking up to Mom telling you to 'Go back to sleep, we'll take Soph' and resting easy knowing that she is well taken care of. My family really was fantastic. I was able to squeeze in a mani/pedi with Misha and Suzy, a quick visit with Lisa to meet her hubby Joe and baby Emma, a shopping trip with all my girls AND a 'mommy-sized' night out for Suzy's birthday. The trip really was everything I hoped it'd be...well...minus the 100 plus fever I came down with the last day I was home forcing me to cancel all plans, take a trip to the urgent care and let mama spoil me for one last day. I really was feeling miserable and that was a huge, huge bummer! Nonetheless, I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to come home and as I said at the Thanksgiving dinner table (admist tears as I am now the running joke of the family)...it's so nice to know that when my little family is separated and forced apart, I've got all those back home taking care of Sophia and I and praying every day for Chris' safe return home!

So what am I thankful for this year? I'm thankful that my family is healthy and happy and that we were able to spend some much needed time together this Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that Chris is safe and has ALMOST made it through his second deployment. I'm thankful for my beautiful baby girl who never ceases to amaze me and proves to me every day that there is a God and He is GOOD! I'm thankful for the prayers of each one of you reading this and the love you all have shown us throughout this tough year. I wish that there was a way to bottle up all the feelings and emotions of Thanksgiving and carry them on throughout the year with people more often counting their blessings and appreciating what they have. That's my goal for this next year because I certainly have a lot to be thankful for. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as wonderful as mine was and you are not too busy preparing for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment