Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009


With the added motivation to get in shape for when Chris comes home, about a week and a half ago I joined a gym! It's right across the street from my house and has a fantastic kid's zone all for a great price! Okay, so truthfully, I was a little nervous about how Sophia would handle an area with other kids and new people watching her/playing with her. So far, it has been such a great learning experience for her. There are times I find Sophia to be 'clingy' but for the most part she is extremely independent so much so that if given the opportunity to stay by mom, she'd run the other direction and look for something new to explore. Now that I've been going to the gym regularly it has been interesting seeing how Sophia deals with different situations. Some days she doesn't want me to go. Other days she's quick to jump in and play with one of the kid's zone girls. Today, after working out, I come in to scoop her up and was told by the girls working that Sophia had been very sweet to one little girl who missed her mommy. Aparently one of the girls started crying and Sophia immediately went to give her a kiss and to wipe her tears with her own shirt. Can you believe that? I melted. MY little girl being so sensitive and sweet, looking out for others and remembering that when she cries mommy and daddy wipe her tears. Now I do realize that I'm maybe making this a bigger deal than it is but it made my day! I feel so proud and it gives me a glimpse into what it will be like when she gets older and we start to see how much she is learning. Granted with the good comes the bad. I know as well as anyone that there are going to be moments where she drives me crazy. However, I firmly believe that it is important to keep things in perspective, to remember what is most important and that is putting others before yourself, doing the best you can in any situation and remembering that happiness does not come from the superficial things in this life but from things much more important. Until the days where bigger lessons are learned, I'm going to enjoy my first little success!

No comments:

Post a Comment