Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life in the Marine Corps


It's frustrating really the few weeks before a deployment. Trying to prepare for the unknown is what gets to me. Chris is scheduled to deploy within the next 10 days. I have no idea what date. I have a vague idea of where he is going. I have absolutely no idea when he's coming back. Already having been through one deployment I've learned that to survive this life you've got to roll with the punches and focus on the fact that one day, he will be home. It's not me I worry about...heck, I got through the birth of my first child with Chris in Iraq, I can get through a simple 8 months right? What's hard is the fact that Sophia grows and changes every single day and Daddy won't be here to see that. Can you imagine not knowing if she's even going to remember you when you come back? He can't explain to her at this point why he's leaving and have her fully understand. It's tough but it's something that can't be changed. So, I wait...I wait for Chris to leave, I wait to get his first phone call, I wait to hear when he's coming home and I wait until finally he comes back. Thanks to everyone who has already been so supportive. I know that with my amazing family and friends, everything will run smoothly and before you know it, I'll be blogging that Chris is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment