Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Let the countdown begin!




The dreaded goodbye is OVER and the countdown has begun! I'm full of emotions but my sisters flew in on the 16th and were here waiting for me when Sophia and I came home. The whole 'goodbye' process is extremely long and emotionally draining. After about four hours of putzing around getting everyone's gear loaded and plans finalized, the buses arrived and it was time to say goodbye. I have to say...it really didn't hit me until I heard his 1st Sgt. say it was time to load up on the buses. I watched him walk away in a sea of Marines, said a prayer, took a deep breath and hugged Sophia. I made it to the car without crying but cried the whole way home. I have a hard time putting into words everything that goes through my head. The hardest thing i've ever done in my life is say goodbye to Chris but I have the utmost confidence in his ability as a Marine and that makes the deployment process a little less scary. There's not much else left to say. We just get through it, day by day, setting a new routine but always remembering to include a little conversation about what a hero Daddy is. A flower delivery sure did brighten my day today (Saturday the 18th). Not only is Chris an American hero but he's also an amazing husband who managed to order flowers admist the packing and crazyness of leaving your home for eight months. Gotta love him! :) I know I do!
So my sister's visit clearly got off to an emotional start but I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have my best friends, my sisters, here to make me laugh through the tears. They have been absolutely amazing with Sophia and Sophia just adores them. I wouldn't trade this time with them for the world. I am truly truly blessed. I want to also say thank you for everyone's prayers and kind words the days before and after Chris left. I couldn't do it without you and I know that it means a lot to Chris too that everyone is looking out for Sophia and I. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment