Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Goodbyes...do they ever get easier?


Well here I am. Sophia's gone down for the night and with a glass of wine in hand I'm thinking of what an amazing two weeks it has been with my sisters. I can't even begin to describe how much fun we had. Between shopping and cooking and going to the beach, these last two weeks have flown by and I can't believe it's over. As I was driving home from the airport this morning it really hit me how many people I've said goodbye to over the last couple of weeks. Thanks to my amazing mom, I came to realize that a sad goodbye is really a blessing and a testiment to the relationships you have built. That really put things in perspective for me and put a smile on my face. I put a lot of love into the relationships I have in my life and I wouldn't trade the emotion that brings for the world. I hope that Sophia will grow to realize that in this life that we lead it isn't about how much time we spend with our loved ones...it's about what we do with that time that really matters.
I want to dedicate some time to my sisters. Words can't express how grateful I am that you guys were there for me during a really sad time. You were always there to make me smile, take Sophia when you knew that Chris was on the phone and lend a helping hand on the every day household chores that needed to get done. What truly amazes me is how mature you both are for your age. You both can do anything you put your mind to and I am so honored to have you as my 'not so little' sisters! :) I love you both very very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment