Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

'A photograph is usually looked at but seldom looked into.'
 ~Ansel Adams


 I find this phrase fascinating especially given our generation's obsession with taking, showing and displaying pictures. To me pictures mean so much more than the desire to show off my pretty little ladies. Ask any father stationed overseas how much a single picture means to him. I bet he'll tell you it's worth more than a thousand words...that despite the distance between him and his family, a picture can make him feel like he's not missing as much as he beats himself up for in his head. I bet you he'll say that a picture is his inspiration to get the job done and come back home safe and sound to the smiling faces he misses the most. And there is not a doubt in my mind that he'll tell you that every time he looks at a picture of his loved ones he sees the reason why he does what he does and knows that it is worth every sacrifice. In my thinking,  I've tried to see pictures the way my Marine sees them and it puts things in a completely different perspective...a perspective worth thinking about. Every time I look at a picture I think, 'What if this was all I had of my girls?' and it reminds me that my job here at home is not as bad as it could be. So true to form...here are the latest shots of life here at home as we wait for our Marine.


Mommy's most favorite possession...the double jogging stroller. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Five months in and we've still got a little blue-eyed girl. I love it!



Representin' for my Boston family!

She's allllmoooossstttt got it!

Sweet big sister kisses.

Who needs toys when I've got my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment