Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009


All day today i've been humming the song by Darryl Worley 'Have you Forgotten'.

'Have you forgotten how it felt that day...To see your homeland under fire and her people blown away. Have you forgotten when those towers fell...We had neighbors still inside going through a living hell.'

It really got me thinking back to that day 8 years ago. I can seriously remember every moment. I remember sitting in Mass when our principal interrupted the service to tell us that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I remember our entire school in the basement surrounding a small tv after hearing that a plane had hit the Pentagon, only 20 minutes from where we were standing. I remember seeing friends crying...worried about their brothers,mothers and fathers who they knew could be one of the fallen. I can recall these memories so vividly and my heart breaks for those who lost loved ones on that day. I woke up this morning, said some extra prayers and realized that Sophia and I are sacrificing our time away from Chris for those people who lost their lives. It made my struggles of the day seem trivial and it made my time ahead of me worth while. I look forward to sharing with Sophia why we hold 9/11 close to our hearts and the pride we should feel in being an American. Let us remember those that lost their lives that day and pray for the one's sacrificing their lives for us today. God Bless America!

'I know Jesus, and I talk to God and I remember this from when I was young. Faith, hope and love are some good things he gave us...and the greatest is love.' -Alan Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment