Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well here it is. 2011. We're not even a month in and I feel like I've run a marathon and a half, emotionally and physically. We've said our goodbyes and sent Chris off on his third deployment.


We've shuffled through our first New Year's Eve alone and made it through the first two weeks of what will be a long 7 months. We've heard from Chris and can breathe a sigh of relief that he is as settled as he's going to be and doing well. And now, knee deep in the middle of January amidst all the crazyness that is life, we're settling into a routine, just us girls. It's around this time every year where I crave a new beginning, a fresh start. There's an extra sense of motivation starting off with a clean slate. This year will be different. It will be difficult and trying at times but it will be better than the rest because I will make it that way for my girls. It'll be the first year that we spend as a family of four and there are so many blessings that come from watching our 'sisters' grow up together.


I think one of the most beautiful things about life is that among the hardtimes, there is always a brighside...a brightside to everything. Sometimes all we can do is search for that brightside and the slightest glimpse of light forces us to change our way of thinking, turning things around to see from a different perspective. I see the brightside in our heartwrenching goodbye to our Marine when I think about how spectacular it wil be to reunite again. I see the brightside in going at this parenting thing alone when I think about how it is worth every single sacrifice to be the wife of a Marine making a difference in this world. Yes, 2011 will be our year of overcoming challenges. It'll force us to grow even more as a family and that will be all worth it in the end. I will show my girls what it means to be strong even when the world around them seems to be falling apart. I will appreciate what being together as a family truly means instead of taking the little blessings in life for granted. I will make this year the best yet for my family. I am an active duty Marine wife you know? And we can do just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment