Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010


Now that things have started to settle down here, I can finally take some 'mommy' time and fill you in on life (so far) here in the south! I'm so happy to be here and even more ecstatic after I met my new 'baby' doctor, Dr. Fiore and had my first checkup for baby number 2! :) Everything's looking great, said Doc and after meeting him and answering some questions about my pregnancy/delivery with Sophia, my little munchkin had his or her first photo shoot!!! I was telling Chris what a relief it was to finally see the little one and hear a strong, fast heartbeat! The appointment probably lasted less than half an hour and I've got my second appointment scheduled for the beginning of June! :) I will be fourteen weeks on Thursday and still due to deliver our little one around November 27th! Here's a photo of the baby from my appointment! I'm not technically savy enough at all to label all the body parts so you'll have to figure out for yourself where his or her big ol' head is! ;)

While on the topic of our growing family, one of the wonderful things about the house we have now is the amount of space we have. Chris and I are in the process of transitioning Sophia into a 'big' girl bed which has turned out to be quite the challenge because for the past three weeks traveling, she has slept with us. Nonetheless, Chris and I have hope and just the other day ordered Sophia a brand new bedroom set complete with a chest, standing drawers, a mirror, a nightstand and an adorable headboard! I can't wait to see it all set up although I did kind of laugh inside when I read the reviews and heard the assembly took some people up to six hours! I have no doubts that Chris will rise to the challenge, as usual, but most especially for his little girl who thinks he hung the moon and the stars. Sophia seems to love the house as well. Off of the living room we've set up a whole playroom for her with her desk, tent, play kitchen, toy box and all of her toys. Once I get things in a little better shape and have all of our things up on the walls, I'll post some pictures of the final project! It's all coming together, slowly but surely! It is a bit of an extra challenge being three months pregnant and getting settled somewhere new. To top it off, I have felt so much sicker this pregnancy and it seems I'm always nauseous with a dull headache. However, seeing it all come together thus far and imagining what it'll be like six months or so from now when our family is complete, is making it all worth it. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who without asking steps up when Sophia wakes in the middle of the night or when I need a quick nap. He told me the other day that he shoots for perfection in everything that he does so that if he on the off chance falls short, he's still done pretty damn good and I can see that in the way he raises and treats Sophia. I'm a happy Mama and can't wait for all the exciting things to come this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment