Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010


Chris has been working really long days this past week, so Sophia and I have been bringing him yummy lunches to hold him over until he gets off around 10-11pm. Yesterday, we decided to bring him a pizza which is one of Chris and Sophia's favorite things to eat. Sophia is so content to just drive around with me, running errands, dropping things off, seeing friends, you name it, she's up for it and lately Sophia's been more chatty in everything that she does. She'll walk by people in stores and say 'excuse-me' or 'thank you' or just wave to everyone that she passes which I think takes people by surprise more than anything else. But yesterday, after scooping up some Papa John's for Chris, putting her back in her car seat and getting myself all ready to start driving again, I hear Sophia in the backseat say, 'Thank you Mama.'. I hadn't given her anything or passed her sippy back to her yet, she just said 'Thank you'! needless to say, I was so very proud! So off we go to see Dad who to Sophia goes 'bye-bye in the truck' every day for work! I know I say it often but she's so content. She points out the airplanes in the sky and the sun and the moon. She talks about Dad going to work and how she wants to 'play' when she passes a playground. She talks about her friends 'Abby' and 'Kyrsten' every chance she gets and asks for Dad more times during the day than I can count. She sees a hill and points 'up' and 'down'. She loves to go for 'walks' to see the 'big trees' and the 'pretty flowers'. She sings her ABC's to anyone who will listen and practices 'counting' sometimes in the middle of playing with her teddies. She loves being at the beach and every time she sees the coast she say 'WATER!!'. My heart just about melts when I hear her tell us she loves us which she does every day, multiple times a day. But I think my ultimate favorite is when Sophia is tired and wants to go to bed. She sleeps with four blankets (yes, I know but even when I try to trick her into having two, she knows and doesn't appreciate it!!!), her stuffed 'Rosie', her 'dog' pillow from great Auntie Tisa, and her 'baby' from her godmama Carolyn! I'll tuck her in and she'll peek up and ask 'Dad? Dad? Night, night! A kiss!?!' letting him know that it's time for bed and she wants a kiss! We turn off the light and we hear, 'Night Mama, night, night Dada, love you.' and it is the perfect way to end every day

What did I do all day before I had Sophia? It seems so strange to me to look back on the days before I had kids. Yes, grocery store trips were easier...heck, trips in general were easier but the happiness you get from your child truly is priceless. I always say how quickly time flies. I can remember so vividly how small Sophia once was but to be sad to see her growing up seems like an abuse of my job as a mom. She's beautiful and smart and fun-loving and has exceeded every dream I have ever had for my little girl. I look into her eyes and I know that everything is going to be alright. Take away the stresses of moving, of cleaning, of cooking, of working, of every day life...strip life down to it's core and she'll be there continuing to make us smile. So call me emotional because I'm pregnant or just reflective because I'm on the cusp of so many big changes...either way, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop talking about my little girl and why not share this with you all...my friends and family I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment