Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh December...the most wonderful month of the year!

Sigh...I'm here. I'm where I've wanted to be for what was almost the entire year of2010. As I write to you, I'm surrounded by


not one but two breathtakingly beautiful little girls who I'm so lucky to call mine. It's been a tumultuous month but it doesn't matter how I got to this place...what matters is that I'm here and I couldn't be happier.


It's hard to believe that I've got an almost one month old baby on my hands when my due date was only just a couple of weeks ago. To make a long story short, my so-thankfully-on-top-of-things doctor was worried about my blood pressure which began creeping up as I hit 36 weeks. After almost a week of monitering it closely and a few dangerous spikes, my doc took no chances and induced me just shy of 38 weeks. Thanks to some beyond wonderful friends and their incredible support while Chris was away, they carried me through to when Chris arrived home, just in time to begin the induction. November 11th, 2010 at 11:12am, our little Alessandra Marie made her grand entrance in true American style on Veteran's Day.


It was a nice little present for her Marine dad (who was here and was incredible!!!! YAY!!!) and we are so grateful that everything went smoothly. Alessandra is wonderful. She reminds me so much of her sister. She fits into our family perfectly as I could


have only hoped and our now BIG SISTER Sophia has grown into this mature little lady almost instantaniously. It's all so lovely to see and with the added background of the holiday season...well...it makes for a lovely end to a great year. We've got some more big changes ahead of us for 2011 but right now, I'm thankful for two very healthy baby girls and a dedicated husband who works so hard, no matter what the cost. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You're so good at writing blog posts!! And I love your new background - so pretty! Can't wait to see you guys in just about a week and meet Alessandra!!

    ReplyDelete