Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Well, Sophia's second birthday has come and gone and so has her two year well baby check up! For the first time in what felt like a lifetime Chris was able to join Sophia and I for her appointment! As Chris learned, these appointments can seem like a whole lot of nothing but the doctor asked a lot of questions regarding Sophia's health and development and made sure that she was up to date on all of her shots. Sophia is just over 30 pounds and in the 75th percentile for both height and weight which has stayed pretty consistent since she was a baby. Sophia shocked the doctor opening her mouth and sticking out her tongue when asked and following her directions when she was trying to take a look at her ears. After the five minute appointment with the doctor she received two shots (one being the flu shot) and we were good to go! Overall a great appointment made even more special with Dad's company! :)

One of the questions that the Doctor asked us at Sophia's appointment was approximately how many words Sophia knew. Having not counted specifically I guesstimated around 100 but last night Chris and I brainstormed and wrote down everything that she is saying. My guess fell short which was a nice surprise and Chris and I enjoyed seeing all the words laid out that Sophia uses on a day to day basis. Sophia has also completely mastered identifying her ABC's and can count from 1-10. Next on the list...quantum physics (her Dad's favorite) so we'll keep you posted ;)

As I always say, it's nice to be able to look back over my blog and see how much Sophia has progressed. The other day I went through my pictures all the way back to when Sophia was born and came across some videos that I had taken. It seems like just yesterday that she was barely crawling and now we can't stop her from running all over the place!!! She loves riding her new bike we got her for her birthday and has such an exploratory little brain using her words to describe everything that she sees. I'm proud of her and I'm also proud of Chris for integrating so seamlessly back into her life and teaching her so much. I'm a happy Mama! A special thank you to everyone who so generously thought of Sophia on her second birthday. She is a lucky girl to have such wonderful friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment