Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

My little book worm!


Well, I took my mama's advice and took my little lovebug to Border's for the very first time. To be honest, I'd been putting it off and putting it off because I had the mental picture in my head of perfect moms with their perfect children sitting around a storyteller quietly enjoying a good book. Sophia is ALWAYS the kid that's singing along in church even when the music stops or lalala-ing through the Chaplain's prayer at one of Chris' functions. To my delight, Sophia was the perfect little angel sitting in the kid's zone at Borders. It was like she discovered a whole new world. There were SO many books full of puppies and Elmo and her personal favorite today...horses. It was overall a wonderful learning experience for Sophia. She knows when it's time to play like when we take a trip to the playground or when she gets to hang out with her friends at the gym, but she also knows when it's time to be quiet...to sit and read and settle down for some much needed peace.


It has been EXTREMELY hot here the past week or so and the fact that we don't have air conditioning makes it seem even hotter. For the most part, I don't even notice we don't have air but we're moving into fire season and I forgot how hot the month of September is. However...nothing here will ever compare to how hot it is where my hubby is so time to offer it up and start thinking of new ways (like Border's) to stay cool! :) We'll see how my mama fares with the California weather when she visits in 2 weeks! Yup, that's right...I get my mama all to myself for a whole week and I am SO excited. It gets me thinking back to when my mom stayed with me when Sophia was first born and all that she did to help. I don't know what I would have done without her and can't wait to show her what a day in the life of Sophia and I is like and how much i've learned from her example. Hurry up and get here Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment